Searching for a Cheap Prescription Plan
Cheap prescription plans are cheap for a reason and sometimes the drugs they provide are not what you are looking for.
Cheap Prescription Plan and Safety
Finding cheap prescription plan is hard to locate. Some companies or health organizations offer various prescription plans and they call it cheap. According to those plans the customer pays a month or quarterly fee and gets assistant when in need to buy prescription drugs or medication. However, one needs to keep in mind that these companies are in business to make money. Sometimes we hear reports in the media that those companies make profit at your expense. Therefore, cautiousness is highly advised when searching for cheap prescription drug plans.
Cheap prescription plans basically mean another kind of insurance to which you will need to make payments and the results may or may not be satisfactory. Some people instead choose to locate cheap prescription drugs online. The internet has changed the way we live, work and shop, hasn't it?
Prescription drug plans that are cheap and inexpensive, while hard to fine, should not be complicated to search for. Good searches on the internet can result in great savings. We hear so much in the media about buying prescription drugs online, or locating cheap prescription plans on the internet. When it comes to buying medicine online, it is important to be very careful. Some websites sell medicine that may not be safe to use and could put your health at risk. Therefore, you should talk to your doctor first, consult with him/her and ask if there are any special steps you need to take to fill your prescription
Consumers should be protective and consider the following:
* Some websites aren't licensed pharmacies, may not protect your personal information and may give a false diagnosis.
* Some online sold medications are fake, are not FDA Approved, are not safe, have dangerous ingredients and may have been expired.
FDA's website suggests the following points for safety and caution when looking for cheap prescription plan or medication online.
Look for websites with practices that protect you
A safe website should:
* be licensed by the state board of pharmacy where the website is operating (check www.nabp.info for a list of state boards of pharmacy)
* have a licensed pharmacist to answer your questions
* require a prescription from your doctor or other health care professional who is licensed in the United States to write prescriptions for medicine
* have a way for you to talk to a person if you have problems
Be Sure Your Privacy Is Protected
* Look for privacy and security policies that are easy-to-find and easy-to-understand.
* Don't give any personal information (such as social security number, credit card, or medical or health history), unless you are sure the website will keep your information safe and private.
* Make sure that the site will not sell your information, unless you agree.
Protect Yourself and Others
* Report websites you are not sure of, or if you have complaints about a site.
* Go to www.fda.gov/buyonline and click on "Notify FDA about problem websites."
Buying your medicine online can be easy. Just make sure you do it safely. For more information on buying medicines and medical products over the Internet, go to www.fda.gov and click on "Buying Medicines Online."
Where else to look for cheap prescription?
The new Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003 (P.L. 108-173), enacted December 8, 2003, requires the Social Security Administration (SSA) to undertake a number of additional Medicare-related responsibilities. SSA and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) are working together to provide persons with limited income and resources extra help paying for their prescription drugs. Social Security's role in this partnership is to help the public understand how they may qualify and apply.
eMaxHealth News with FDA's and SSA's sources - Look for more information on Affordable Health Insurance
This page is updated on April 2, 2013.