One out of a Million Losers to Become Dr. Oz's Million Dollar Winner
One out of one million weight loss participants in Dr. Oz’s “Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You” program is destined to become Dr. Oz's Million Dollar Winner as membership in his national weight loss program has recently surged beyond the one million member mark. Dr. Oz’s national weight loss program is designed to lead its members through seven steps to transform their overall health. A prize of $1 million will go to one winner based on individual progress on each of the seven steps.
While weight loss is the foundation of Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You program, the rest of what his program builds up is a healthier if not wealthier you.
Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You is promoted as a life-changing contest to kick start Americans to overturn the nationwide tide on obesity to one of getting healthy through a partnership with Weight Watchers and Sharecare as his health-achievement partners. Sharecare is an interactive, social Q&A platform designed to greatly simplify the search for quality healthcare information and help consumers live healthy lives.
To accomplish this gargantuan weight loss task, Dr. Oz and his team require membership in a Sharecare account followed by logging into the Transformation profile page where participants will take a health quiz to get an overview of their health habits. The next step is to actively participate in following the program’s 7 key steps to weight loss and healthy living.
The 7-step program is the result of research based studies that have determined 7 important factors of health that can affect longevity, disease and health risks. The 7 steps outlined in a press release from The Dr. Oz Show are listed and described as follows:
1. Tell a Friend: The show is asking all Americans to enlist their friends by February 26 because we know you cannot go at it alone. Studies show folks who lose weight in groups keep their weight off and are more successful in the long term.
2. Weigh in with Weight Watchers and Calculate Your BMI: Learn the importance of your Body Mass Index. If you don't have a healthy BMI, we are asking you to lose 10 percent of your body weight or reach a healthy BMI, which correlates to a drop in risk to the things we fear most: cancer, diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. The first step in calculating your BMI is to go to a local Weight Watchers center. There, you'll find out your starting weight. You will receive a complimentary weigh-in, and you can stay for a meeting. If you like what you hear, you can join Weight Watchers and become a member.
3. Connect with Your Doctor: Nearly 1/3 of all Americans don't see a doctor every year. We want you to start a relationship with your doctor so you can have an honest conversation about your weight before it's a bigger problem. Know the questions to ask your doctor and find out the right numbers to talk with them about, including blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose. Having a relationship will help you prevent future illness. If you don't have a doctor, we want you to seek out your pharmacist who can help get the conversation going.
4. Learn Your Family’s Health History: One of the critical tools a doctor uses to diagnose illness and recommend preventative care is your family history. Knowing your family's health history enables you to get life-saving screenings before it's too late. "The Dr. Oz Show" web site offers unique web tools powered by Sharecare to help you fill out your family history and compile all critical information.
5. Get More Sleep: This step teaches Americans to get at least 30 more minutes of sleep a night by going to bed a half-hour earlier. We know that lack of sleep is a hidden factor of weight gain.
6. Assess Your Stress: Everyone must understand how stress is a key factor in weight gain, and learn new and practical ways to manage their stress better. Stress can affect the neuroendocrine system, resulting in abdominal fat, for example: indirectly stress is linked to the consumption of too many fatty or sugary foods and inactivity.
7. Start New Fitness Habits: Something as simple as a brisk walking for 30-60 minutes, five times a week can lower your risk of heart disease by about 40 percent. The web site provides contestants with various fitness resources.
To be eligible for the $1 million prize, registered participants must successfully complete all 7 steps of Dr. Oz’s Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You program including verified weigh-ins at a participating Weight Watchers facility. The contest officially began on 9/26/11 and ends on 5/23/12. To be eligible for the $1 million dollar prize entries must be received by 4/9/12 with completion of all requirements by the end of the competition, which includes a Weight Watchers verified weigh-in that must demonstrate a 10% or greater weight loss or achievement/maintenance of a healthy BMI between 18.5 and 24.9.
The winner of Dr. Oz’s weight loss Transformation Nation: Million Dollar You program will be a public-voted finalist who has completed all 7 steps of the plan and has met all eligibility requirements who is determined to be the most transformed and inspirational finalist. The winner will receive $1 million and a trip for two to attend a live taping of The Dr. Oz Show featuring the winner. The winner will be announced on The Dr. Oz Show on Wednesday 5/23/12.
Image Source: Courtesy of MorgueFile
Reference: The Dr. Oz Show