New Waterproof Activity Tracker for Swimmers
Like your activity tracker, but hate that fact that it is not guaranteed against water damage while in the pool or shower?! Here’s the latest activity tracker update about one that now is designed as a waterproof activity tracker for swimmers.
As I’ve admitted before in an earlier article on activity trackers―Wearable Fitness Tracker Update You Need to Know Before Buying One―I am a believer in the value of using an activity tracker for motivating dieters to move more and eat less. And although my first activity tracker went wonky regarding holding a charge for only 24 hours instead of the typical 7 days after 16 months of use, the maker did offer me a 25% discount on my next purchase since the warranty period had passed. I’m still a fan.
That said, the latest exciting news is that at last there is a new waterproof activity tracker for swimmers by the makers of Fitbit who previously did not guarantee any of their trackers against water damage from swimming in the pool or during a shower. Their new device is the Fitbit Flex 2 which is available for only $99!
Here are two videos describing Fitbit’s new release:
CNN MONEY VIDEO
PROS of OWNING THE FITBIT FLEX 2
• It’s waterproof― allowing users to track laps, distance, calories burned and duration.
• It’s 30% slimmer―comes with multiple stylish accessories so it doesn’t look like an activity tracker
• Its interactive―LED lights at the top of the band send out color-coded notifications and unique vibrations.
CONS of OWNING THE FITBIT FLEX 2
• Looks kind of girly for a guy.
• The LED-lighting messaging takes some getting used to.
• Does not come with heart rate monitor.
For more about activity trackers, here are some select articles that can help you decide if one is for you:
Fitbit.com―Introducing New Fitbit Flex 2™