Dr. Oz Shares Flavor Guide with Dieters
Does dieting mean bland meals? It can be, but with Dr. Oz’s recommended flavor guide, dieters can put zip into their meals just by adding a little creativity to those low-cal food diets. Plus, a reminder about Dr. Oz’s 2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Diet.
One of the problems with dieting is that it can become a boring gastronomical rut when you eat the same healthy meals every week. But it doesn’t have to be that way. According to advice from Dr. Oz The Good Life, you can spark up your meals with the following add-ins from their “Eat-This-With-That Flavor Guide.”
Flavor Guide Tip #1: Use common fresh herbs to add more flavor to your food.
• Cilantro on scrambled eggs
• Dill on a salad with roasted salmon
• Parsley or basil on roasted veggies
• Mint on your summer fruit salads
• Rosemary after cooking on roasted potatoes
Flavor Guide Tip #2: Experiment with atypical spices on typical foods.
• Red pepper flakes on sautéed broccoli
• Ground cloves in oatmeal
• Ground cinnamon in chili
• Smoked paprika on stewed veggies or on sautéed shrimp
• Cardamom in quinoa
Special Note: Just a dash of finely grated cardamom added to your coffee with two dashes of hazelnut can also liven up your favorite beverage that may have stalled on you lately. In addition, here are 3 Coffee Choices that won't add inches to your waist.
Flavor Guide Tip #3: Flavor-up with zest!
• Orange zest on sautéed veggies
• Grapefruit zest on farro or any whole-grain dish
• Any citrus based zest on salad dressing and in marinades
• Lime zest in fruit salad or salsa
• Lemon zest in a seafood salad of poached scallops, arugula, and roasted red peppers.
For more about how to turn your drab diet into a fab diet, check out the June 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life for more ideas and recipes.
2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Diet
Looking to lose a few pounds fast? Here is how you might achieve rapid weight loss in just 2 weeks with this diet created by Dr. Oz who testified that:
“Not only will the pounds melt off fast as you’ve just heard from some of the audience, but you will see a drastic decrease in disease. Everything from less type 2 diabetes, less symptoms of food sensitivity, and chronic pain begins to dissipate. It’s called my “2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Diet,” says Dr. Oz who stated that he developed this plan by researching the top diets and their plans with the latest weight loss science.
Reference: Dr. Oz The Good Life June 2016