Dr. Oz Recommends 7-Day, 10 Pounds Crash Diet
One of the main problems about weight loss and diets that special guest Dr. Joel Fuhrman points out is that dieters diet themselves into gaining weight by starving themselves to failure. According to Dr. Oz, Dr. Fuhrman has the best weight loss plan he has ever seen that is evidenced by a growing number of women that have lost significant amounts of fat - and kept it off.
The secret to his diet plan? Eat as much nutrient-rich foods as you want while maintaining Dr. Furhman’s 90/10 Rule every day.
The 90/10 Rule is simple and effective - consume 90% nutrient-dense foods such as vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, whole grains and fruits everyday with each meal, leaving healthy oils, meat and dairy for the remaining 10%. He explains that why it works is that not only does it lower your caloric intake, but it substantially raises the amount of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidants that act as metabolism boosters and fat busters.
The other added benefit is that you can eat as much as you want and never feel hungry while at the same time getting your body purged of toxins. That and seeing yourself lose significant weight in just 7 days will encourage you to continue to pursue a healthier lifestyle once you see that this diet plan works.
To help dieters achieve success in losing that first 10 pounds in 7 days, Dr. Fuhrman advises viewers to adopt his three-step strategy summarized as follows:
Step #1: Every day, every meal—use the 90/10 Rule
Forget about what you’ve learned before about starting the day with a protein-heavy breakfast to get your body going and sustained. Instead, incorporate 90% of your breakfast with nutrient dense foods like fruit, nuts and whole grain. No need for dairy for its calcium when an orange and other calcium-rich foods can take its place and result in less fat in your diet. Oatmeal loaded with a mixture of fruits such as blueberries, bananas, strawberries will not weigh you down with digestion like an egg will; but rather, will give you the quick energy you need to get started.
For lunch, you should get into the habit of replacing meat with protein-filled beans that will not only make you feel fuller, but will also kick-start your metabolism. Beans not only provide non-digestible, resistant starch that lowers the number of calories absorbed, but also acts to reduce blood sugar levels. Many healthy bean-containing recipe options like chili, enchiladas, and hummus dips served with whole grain chips are easily available and a great substitution for a fatty fast food burger while at work.
Dinner time is the time to be lean and green by filling up on large portions of green leafy and root vegetables. It’s okay to have meat, as long as it is low in fat like fish, or chicken and turkey without the skin. But remember to keep to the 90/10 rule and let the meat be a small side dish rather than the primary platter. Low-fat dairy and olive oil can also add some flavor to the green and keep you not only full, but satisfied as well from cravings. Being creative with stir fry, baked eggplant and vegetable pizza recipes can take the boredom out of too much green as your dieting lifestyle adjusts to the changes.
Step #2: Work on BOMbing your fat
Dr. Furman recommends supporting the 90 of the 90/10 Rule by BOMbing your fat with Berries, Onions and Mushrooms. Berries, onions and mushroom prevent the formation of new blood vessels (angiogenesis) that are used by fat cells to keep them nourished and alive. He says that you can actually starve fat cells to death with anti-angiogenic foods and that the more of this type of food you eat, the faster you will lose weight.
Step 3: Shake the toxins out of your body
Dying fat cells and cellular damage from eating processed foods results in an accumulation of fluid-retaining toxins that needs to be flushed out of your system. One way to accomplish this is with a tasty and healthy drink made from pomegranate juice mixed with strawberries and lemon juice that are not only a good source of Vitamin C, but also possess anti-angiogenic properties and can protect against oxidative stress.
Dr. Fuhrman recommends a health drink consisting of 1 cup of ice, 4 ounces of pomegranate juice, 1 cup of strawberries and a little lemon juice for a refreshing toxin-flushing shake easily made in a blender. The added benefit is that this also reduces your cravings for something sweet like a soft drink. Replacing the ice with chilled soda water can turn this toxin-flushing drink into a nice, fizzy beverage.
Share this content.
Please include eMaxHealth in Google Alerts to receive tomorrow's stories and SHARE this with friends if it was interesting.