Dr. Oz Goes After President Obama
Would you will be willing to eat food that has been exposed to some of the same chemical components as the infamous and deadly Agent Orange defoliate used widely during the Viet Nam War? Well you may not be able to avoid doing just that, cautions Dr. Oz as he reveals to viewers his concern that the foods you buy tomorrow for your health may be more harmful than beneficial, and only President Obama has the power to prevent this from happening.
"The Environmental Protection Agency is on the brink of approving a brand new toxic pesticide that you don’t know about. This is one of the most disturbing developments in one of the biggest food controversies of the 21st century - GMO foods,” warns Dr. Oz as he explains to viewers that GMO (gene modified organism) foods are being developed to be more resistant to powerful bug and weed killers at the risk of being harmful to humans.
According to Dr. Oz, GMO crops were originally designed to be resistant to herbicides like the commercial weed killer “Roundup.” However, what has changed is that the weeds have now become resistant to the active ingredient “glyphosate,” necessitating the creation of stronger herbicides and additional genetic modification of GMO crops that will allow them to survive this form of agro-biological warfare in the fields.
“They [DOW chemical] engineered a new breed of corn and soybean seed built to survive even stronger pesticides. It’s now made of glyphosate AND ‘2,4-D’—a chemical used in Agent Orange that the government banned during the Viet Nam War,” says Dr. Oz stating that the result of this could be making you the next casualty in this weed and pesticide-killer arms race.
Facts You Need to Know Today About GMO Food
• 70-80 percent of the foods you eat contain GMOs. In 2011, 96% of soybeans and 72% of corn planted in the U.S. were GMOs.
• 1.1 billion pounds of pesticides and herbicides are used per year to grow GMO crops. Growers of genetically engineered crops in the U.S. now use more pesticides than are used in fields without genetically altered crops.
• 70-170 million more pounds of additional chemicals per year will be used if the EPA approves glyphosate plus 2,4-D—a combo referred to as “Enlist Duo.”
• Resistance to 2,4-D, the key new agent being added to Roundup to make Dow’s proposed Enlist Duo, has already been seen in several species of weeds in the U.S. Widespread resistance to Roundup arose less than 10 years after it was introduced, and the case is likely to be the same for Enlist Duo with 2,4-D.
• It’s not just the GMO food itself you should worry about, but the fact that these powerful pesticides and herbicides wind up drifting out of the crop fields into homes and schools putting families in direct contact with these chemicals.
• The EPA is currently considering approving Enlist Duo very soon and is open to a “wait-and-see” scenario where Enlist Duo would be stopped only until it is proven to cause harm.
• What you can do about this―tell the U.S. government not to approve Enlist Duo and to move toward a healthier future for our food by taking action and signing a petition.
Dr. Oz Tasks President Obama
“I’m very concerned that we at the beginning of a very big catastrophe—one that we don’t have to place ourselves in,” says Dr. Oz who tells viewers that he is asking them today to take action by contacting the only person in the world who can put a stop to the EPA’s approval of Enlist Duo—the President of the United States.
To accomplish this, 100,000 signatures are needed on a petition to force executive action by the President.
“We need 100,000 of you. One hundred thousand signatures and the President has to respond—that’s the rule,” says Dr. Oz.
The petition can be accessed on The Dr. Oz Show website where you will be directed to the online petition.
For an informative article about GMO foods, here’s one that warns consumers why GMO foods disguised as natural may be making you fat!
Image Source: Courtesy of The Dr. Oz Show
Reference: The Dr. Oz Show— “New GMO Pesticide Doctors Are Warning Against”