Celebrity Trainer Shares 3 Great Butt Exercises
Celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak shares 3 great butt exercises on Good Morning America to demonstrate to viewers that achieving a great butt is possible via his exercise methodology that limits both time and equipment during exercise.
As a trainer, Harley Pasternak has trained many celebrity butts including those of Lady Gaga, Halle Berry, Megan Fox and Jennifer Hudson. The following is a list of 3 recommended simple - but effective - great butt exercises and how to perform each of them in your home.
“The biggest request I have from my female clients is that they want to have a great butt. And the key to a great butt is by training all the muscles that go around the butt area. From the hamstrings to your glutes to even around your lower back, is the key to sculpting, rounding, toning, tightening and lifting the butt,” says Harley Pasternak.
Harley Pasternak is well-known for this belief that exercising does not mean that you have to invest a lot of time or equipment for achieving great results. As a result of the effectiveness of his training methodology, Harley Pasternak shares with viewers three simple exercises he uses on his clients to help them sculpt a great butt.
“Try moves like a skater lunge, a deadlift and a mule kick to isolate, tone and tighten your butt. And the next thing you’ll know, is that you will have a butt you can bounce quarters off of,” promises Harley Pasternak.
The following three butt exercises are typically performed as described below:
Skater Lunge - for the glutes, hips, legs and core
• Stand facing a staircase with your right foot planted on the first or second step. You can hold 3- to 5-pound weights along the hips for added strengthening.
• Leaning slightly forward and lunge back with left leg, bending the right knee at a 90 degree angle and keeping the knee aligned over the ankle.
• Remain in low and bring the left foot up to meet the right foot on the step.
• Squat down, while lowering hips another 2 inches and hold for 2 counts. Repeat.
• Perform 16 to 20 reps and alternate the sides.
Deadlift— for the major muscles in the lower body, including the lower back, legs and butt
• Stand straight with feet shoulder-width apart and dumbbells along sides of body
• Keeping dumbbells close to the body, bend at the knees and slowly lower dumbbells toward floor.
• Contract hamstrings and glutes as you straighten out your legs and return to starting position.
Mule kick— for working the butt and lower back
• Kneel down on all fours and then support your upper body on your forearms.
• Keeping your right knee bent, slowly lift your right leg behind you so that your foot rises up toward the ceiling.
• Return to start position and repeat with left leg.
Image source of a butt exercise: Lululemon Athletica. Used under Creative Commons License. Some rights reserved.
Share this content.
Please include eMaxHealth in Google Alerts to receive tomorrow's stories and SHARE this with friends if it was interesting.