Port and Iced Tea Poached Pears
This summer, an afternoon "high tea" party is the way to entertain friends and family in your backyard. Host an unforgettable, unique high tea garden party in your own backyard. Create an atmosphere that is your own. Decorations can be traditional with lots of fresh flowers and lace or contemporary with ultra-modern place settings.
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Lipton Iced Tea
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) Port
75 ml (1/3 cup) Sugar
1 Cinnamon stick
6 Bosc or Bartlett pears, peeled with stems left on
- Combine iced tea, port and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add cinnamon stick and pears to simmering liquid and cook, turning occasionally, until the pears are soft but not mushy. Usually 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let pears cool in liquid.
- Remove pears from liquid and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Simmer sauce over medium-high heat until thick and syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, remove pears from refrigerator, slice thinly and fan decoratively onto dessert plates.
- Drizzle pears with hot sauce. Serve immediately.
- News Canada