Eating While On Vacation
Vacation is a time for relaxation, revitalization and the freedom to do whatever you want.
While vacations may be a time to kick back and relax, they don't qualify as an excuse to blow your healthy eating efforts.
Enjoy your vacation by following these tips on healthy eating:
- Sample small amounts of high-calorie foods.
- Share large portions.
- Space meals throughout the day.
- Monitor your alcohol intake, since it can lead to overeating.
- Enjoy snacks from a plate, rather than from the box.
- Engage in some type of physical activity most days.
If maintaining a healthy lifestyle is difficult when you are on vacation, don't fret. Just get back on track when you return home to your regular routine.