Analysis of Health Insurance at an International Level
Health Insurance Information
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com) has announced the addition of International Health Insurance 2005 to their offering.
This is an overview of what is offered in the global corporate health market, what is needed and what can be done to provide products and services more closely aligned to corporate needs.
World-wide there are many health insurance companies, but very few offering truly international cover. A handful in the UK, Europe and USA do so. Although, a few international insurers are involved, many providers are specialist agencies only involved in this sector.
An increasing number of people leave their home country on a temporary, semi permanent or permanent basis to work or live overseas. This may be moving with employer needs or individual explorations overseas to live and work. Standards of medical care around the world vary hugely from the sublime to the non existent. The costs of unplanned medical help, and indeed the availability, can be high. It may be prudent, necessary or even life saving, for an individual to be treated in another country and transported safely there. Many prefer to return to their own country for treatment and recuperation. Even if treatment is available locally, problems of language and culture can exist.
In the last few years there has also been a widening of the choice of product on offer.
There is no such thing as a standard cover some are more flexible than others in tailoring a policy to an individual, while others seek to push a package of benefits.
Many international health insurance providers concentrate on certain geographic areas such as people based in the USA or UK. Others will cover many nationalities wherever they live, although some of these will not include cover for private medical attention in the USA or Canada.
Who should read this report:
- Health insurers and intermediaries in the UK, across the EU and US
- Providers and intermediaries supplying the corporate health market
- Those advising companies and insurers
- Which player is offering which type of insurance and what part of the market they seek?
- Where is demand coming from?
- What is happening to cover?
- Why is a potentially lucrative market dangerous to enter?
- What are the 8 target markets by type of customer?
1. UK Based Companies Who Write IPI For The UK Market
- Allianz Worldwide Care
- Axa Ppp Healthcare
- Bcwa Healthcare
- Bupa International
- Cassidy Davis
- Cigna Healthcare
- Exeter Healthcare
- Ihi/ International Health Insurance
- Norwich Union
2 Non UK Based Insurers Who Write IPI For UK Market
- Gmc Services
- Gouda International
- Sri/ Specialist Risk International
- Taurus International
3 Non UK Based Insurers Who Write IPI For One Or More EU Markets
4 UK Based Specialist IPI Agencies
- A La Carte
- Crispin Speers
- Expatriate Healthcare
- Healthcare International
- Ihc/ Independent Healthcare Consulting
- Img/International Medical Group
- Iph/ International Private Healthcare
- Morgan Price International Healthcare
- William Russell
5 Uk Based Insurers Who Were Once In IPI Market
- First Assist
- Standard Life Healthcare
6 Uk PMI Insurers Not Offering International Covers
- Cs Healthcare
- Groupama Healthcare
- Hsa Personal
- Health On Line
- Legal And General
- Prudential Health
- Qbe Health
7 Other Non UK Based Insurers Who Could Enter UK IPI Market
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com