Celebrity Fit Club Is Celebrity Weight Loss
Celebrity Fit Club, hosted by comedian Ant, is one unique reality series where celebrity weight loss is the main focus. Simply by signing up to VH1's Celebrity Fit Club, our participants are making a statement to the world that they have a problem and they need help to overcome it. Celebrities will be aiming to lose weight, but they will also have to shed their inhibitions. On this show will you see these celebrities revealed as never before.
- Daniel Baldwin: Actor and brother of Alec & Stephen Baldwin
- Kim Coles: Actress most famously known for her role on the hit show, Living Single
- Judge Mablean Ephriam: Judge from the hit show, Divorce Court
- Ralphie May: Comedian and most recently seen on NBC's, Last Comic Standing
- Mia Tyler: model, actress and daughter of Aerosmith's Steven Tyler
- Joe Gannascoli: Actor and last seen on HBO's Sopranos
- Wendy Kauffman: Actress and Snapple drink Spokeswoman
- Biz Markie-Rapper: DJ best known from his hit single in the early 1990's "Just a Friend"
It's a simple concept: Eight overweight stars are divided into two teams and challenged to get fit and lose weight over a 14 week period. Along the way they will each:
- Be publicly weighed in every show - individually, and as teams on a pair of giant scales
- Be called to account by our supervising panel, who'll be aware of every half-hearted sit-up and every sneaked donut
- Have the deepest secrets of their diet and lifestyle revealed
- Be put through the mill by the toughest drill instructor the US Marines has ever produced
- Deal with the antagonism of the rival team's celebrities as the weight-loss battle gets intense
This celebrity weight loss show is about much more than diet and exercise. It's about vanity, rivalry and self discovery. It's an emotional show but it's often funny and never downbeat. There will be tears, there will be tantrums, there will be breakdowns, but the abiding tone is positive and life enhancing. All the celebrities will emerge from this show as changed people and, as viewers, we will have been privileged to see that change happening before our eyes.
Each week the celebrities will be summoned to our purpose-designed Fit Camp, where they'll face challenges ranging from belly dancing to ballet, from synchronized swimming to limbo.
Each week they will face the music on the loneliest walk in television as they find out whether they have lost weight or gained it: And they will face the consequences from our panel of MD, psychotherapist and drill instructor. Each week they'll have to deal with the praise or recriminations from their fellow team members - and the taunts of their rivals.