Skin Care Tips for Beautiful Hands
(NC) Hands are the most visible part of our bodies and the ultimate accessory. Hands take a lot of abuse in our everyday activity and are constantly exposed to hot and cold climates. For soft, beautiful looking hands, consider the following tips:
1. Soften your hands while you do dishes by adding a teaspoon of almond oil to dishwater. The water will soften rough skin while the oil seals in the moisture.
2. Wash hands thoroughly with warm water and mild soap for about 15 seconds. Pat hands dry with a soft towel.
3. Moisturize frequently using a good hand cream like Natural Earth Vit A Silk Fragrance Free Moisturizing Hand Cream. The glycerine, chamomile and silicone formulation will seal moisture in, soften the skin and provide a non-greasy protective barrier.
4. Exfoliate hands once a week by using a solution of sea salt mixed with lemon juice. Brush it into hands with an old toothbrush to help remove any dead skin cells.
5. Treat yourself to a paraffin treatment. Your hands will be softer and the warm wax will also increase blood circulation and allow for the restoration of improved skin color and ease any joint stiffness.
6. Apply a mixture of one teaspoon honey and one teaspoon olive oil to slightly damp clean hands. Put on plastic gloves and cover with cotton gloves for thirty minutes. The heat will help the treatment to penetrate.
7. Microwave a cup of milk for 30 seconds (or until comfortably warm to the touch) and soak hands for five minutes to strengthen nails and hydrate skin.
8. Apply petroleum jelly to hands and cover with cotton gloves while you sleep through the night.
More information is available online at www.naturalearth.ca
- News Canada