Reminder To Public To Watch Out For Unsafe Cosmetic Cream
Hong Kong Department of Health urged members of the public to stop using cosmetic cream to safeguard their health.
A DH spokesman said, "Members of the public are advised to stop using both products as a precautionary measure since they were found to be sold in twin packs."
Further laboratory tests are in progress.
Anyone who has used both or either of the products should call DH hotline 2125 1133 for health advice. The hotline operates between 9am and 5pm daily to answer public enquiries.
"The hotline today received a total of 11 calls. Among them, 5 claimed that they had used the products. Health advice was given to them and DH will follow up those who have used the products," the spokesman said.
The appeal was made following a report of mercury poisoning involving a 39-year-old woman who was found to have high level of mercury in her blood after hospitalization. The woman claimed that she had used both products daily for two months and the products were obtained from a retail shop in Central.
"Members of the public who have been using the cosmetic cream concerned should stop using it immediately and seek advice from their doctors as soon as possible," the spokesman said.