Cancer Survivors' Sought To Share Opinions on Quality of Life Issues
More than half of Iowans that are diagnosed with cancer survive. To better understand cancer survivorship issues, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) is hosting a forum for cancer survivors to share opinions and make an impact on the quality of life for other survivors.
IDPH's Comprehensive Cancer Control program invites Iowa's cancer survivors to attend "Iowans Living Beyond Cancer: Thriving Through Survivorship" on Thursday, January 25, 2007 from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Eleven Iowa Communications Network (ICN) locations will host the forum:
- Council Bluffs: Iowa Western Community College, 2700 College Rd., Looft Hall, #024
- Creston: Southwestern Community College, 1501 W. Townline Rd., Room 107
- Davenport: Eastern Iowa Community College, 326 W. 3rd St., Kahl Education Center, Room 300
- Des Moines: Lucas State Office Building, 321 E. 12th St., ICN Room, 6th Floor
- Dubuque: Carnegie-Stout Public Library, 360 W. 11th St.-ask Reference Desk for directions
- Fort Dodge: Trinity Regional Hospital, 802 Kenyon Rd., ICN Room
- Iowa City: Iowa City Public Library, 123 S. Linn St., Meeting Room D
- Mason City: North Iowa Area Community College, 500 College Dr., Room 106
- Ottumwa: Ottumwa Regional Health Center, 1003 Pennsylvania Ave., Conference Room A
- Sioux City: Trospar-Hoyt County Services Bldg., 822 Douglas St., ICN Room, 4th Floor
- Waterloo: Hawkeye Community College, 1501 E. Orange Rd., Room 110
The forum opens with an ICN broadcast of an Iowan's survivorship story. After the presentation, each ICN location will separate from the larger group and survivor's experiences and perceptions of life after cancer will be collected.