Missourians Urged To Take Precautions Against Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Armen Hareyan's picture
Advertisement

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Advertisement

With the weather turning colder, more people are closing up their homes and turning on their furnaces and other heat sources. But in doing so they may also be increasing their risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to officials with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and the Division of Fire Safety.

"The threat of carbon monoxide poisoning can come from a variety of sources such as furnaces, heaters, stoves, generators, and vehicles," said Randy Maley, environmental public health specialist at DHSS. "Carbon monoxide is invisible, odorless, tasteless and, in high quantities, deadly. Now is a good time to check to make sure your carbon monoxide detectors are working properly," Maley added.

According to Maley, carbon monoxide is produced when anything burns.

Share this content.

If you liked this article and think it may help your friends, consider sharing or tweeting it to your followers.
Advertisement