Need Help With Holiday Budgeting?
(NC) With proper budgeting and a handful of smart shopping ideas, it is possible to find wonderful gifts for the people on your list and not overspend. FINE LIVING, a new television network dedicated to inspiring viewers to live better, offers suggestions to help shoppers stick to a holiday budget:
Work a budget into your gift list.
- Assign dollar amounts to each person on your list. If the total spending amount is too high, go back and make adjustments.
- Monitor your spending.
- Take the budget with you when you shop. If you underspend, use the surplus for someone else; if you overspend, you can make up for the deficit.
- Try a gift exchange.
- Gift exchanges - where each person in a group is assigned someone to buy for - alleviate the pressure of buying numerous and costly gifts.
- Shop just for the kids.
- Make an agreement to buy gifts only for the kids, and skip exchanging with the adults.
- Avoid credit cards.
- Using credit cards can result in interest charges and overspending. Buy with cash and stick to your budget.
Tune into FINE LIVING for more tips on how to achieve a more balanced and fulfilled life or visit www.fineliving.ca
- News Canada