Prevent a budget blow out with CHOICE'S shopping tips
With Christmas here, consumer watchdog CHOICE is offering an early present in the form of some yuletide shopping tips to keep the post-holiday budget blues at bay.
- Get your family together and put a limit on the amount spent on presents.
- Alternatively, have a Kris Kringle where everyone buys a present for just one other person.
- Shop with a list to avoid impulse buys. Set yourself a budget and stick to it.
- Shop around for the best deal.
- You can use online shopping sites to research prices.
- Last year we found the price of typical Christmas gifts could vary considerably