Money Saving Tips
Seemingly insignificant items can add up to major savings for your business. Consider the following and watch your bottom line improve:
- Negotiate everything including services. You can frequently purchase at a discount by merely asking. Always request a discount if you pay cash or intend to pay within 5-10 days.
- Comparison shop for all your needs. If you have been purchasing similar goods from the same vendor for a few months, put your regular order up for bid with the competition... it is likely you will do better.
- Shop by mail order whenever possible. It is frequently economical and convenient. Use a credit card for mail order... if you have a problem the credit card company will assist you.
- Toll free calling can add up to major telephone savings. Numerous vendors and suppliers have 800 numbers which may not be widely advertised. Don't purchase an expensive "800 directory." Either use the toll-free operator (800 555 1212) or better yet, search using the internet http://www.tollfree.att.net/dir800
- Barter, it works! This is a great way to help your cash flow. There may be tax consequences so check with your accountant or CPA...
- Monitor telephone usage