Ten Quick Tips to Save The Planet and Your Health
Many of the common everyday chemicals in your home can contribute to not only harming the environment, but your health as well. Symptoms such as headaches, gastrointestinal disturbances, anxiety, depression, nervousness, fatigue, irritability, inability to concentrate, hyperactivity, joint and muscle pain and many more can be the result of these chemicals.
Make every day Earth Day! Protect the environment and your health by making the following changes in your lifestyle.
How to Prepare for the AP Environmen...
Gary S. Thorpe
The River Runs Black
Elizabeth C. Econo...
(Prices May Change)
Make every day Earth Day! Protect the environment and your health by making the following changes in your lifestyle.1. Eat organic. Pesticides, herbicides, etc. poison the soil, water, air and your body. They are linked to contributing to serious health problems including cancer, depression and central nervous system disorders.
2. Use non-toxic and natural household cleaning products. Most everyday cleaning products are very harmful to your health. Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, lemon and vinegar are great alternatives and can be used for just about anything.
3. Wear only natural clothing fibers and organic clothes if possible. Synthetic fibers and non-organics are treated with high levels of formaldehyde and even petroleum. About $3 Billion is spent on pesticides for cotton fields each year worldwide, with over 600,000 tons of pesticides and chemical fertilizers on the US cotton fields alone.
4. Throw away your perfume and cologne. They contain chemicals
contributing to asthma, central nervous disorders, immune dysfunction
and a variety of other health problems.
5. Use natural unscented laundry soap and fabric softener. They also
contain chemicals contributing to asthma, central nervous disorders,
immune dysfunction etc.
6. Use non-toxic alternatives for pest control. Pesticides are poison;
designed originally for chemical warfare because they are so effective
for poisoning. As mentioned above they are linked to a variety of
serious health problems including cancer, immune suppression and
central nervous disorders.