Nassau County Updates On H1N1 Flu Outbreak
New York State Department of Health reported the two previous probable cases on H1N1 in Nassau County have been confirmed. The first confirmed case is a student at St. Francis Preparatory School in Queens who resides in Great Neck. The second confirmed case is a part-time employee at St. Francis Preparatory school who resides in Oceanside and the third confirmed case is an adult with travel history to Mexico who resides in Long Beach. All Nassau County cases had mild illness and are recovering.
As of 05/04/09 at 4:15 pm, Nassau County has:
* Three (3) Confirmed.
* No Probable.
* No Hospitalized
"We are urging all residents to be prepared, not scared," said County Executive Thomas R. Suozzi.
Nassau County Executive Suozzi and Nassau County Department of Health advise individuals to protect themselves and prevent the spread of illness by doing the following:
* Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
* Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
* Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
* If you get sick, stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.