Alex-George Wholesale Recalls Ground Beef Products

Ruzanna Harutyunyan's picture
Advertisement

Alex & George Wholesale, Inc., a Rochester, New York firm, is recalling approximately 4,663 pounds of ground beef products because they may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced today.

The following products are subject to recall:

* 10-pound poly bag of "A & G Brand BULK GROUND BEEF"

* 10-pound poly bag of "A & G Brand 'HOT SAUCE' SPECIAL BLEND"

* 25-pound poly bag of "A & G Brand BULK GROUND BEEF"

* 30-pound poly bag of "A & G Brand BULK GROUND BEEF"

* 10-pound case of (3-1) "A & G Brand GROUND BEEF PATTIES"

* 10-pound case of (5-1) "A & G Brand GROUND BEEF PATTIES"

Advertisement

* 10-pound case of "A & G Brand 'Homestyle Press' GROUND BEEF PATTIES"

* 10-pound case of (6-1) "A & G Brand GROUND BEEF PATTIES"

* Cases containing 48, 4.25-ounce"A & G Brand GROUND BEEF PATTIES 'PUCKS'"

* Cases containing 48, 5-ounce "A & G Brand 'Homestyle Press' GROUND BEEF PATTIES"

* Cases containing 48, 5-ounce (4-1) "A & G Brand 'Homestyle Press' GROUND BEEF PATTIES"

* Cases containing 48, 5-ounce "A & G Brand GROUND BEEF PATTIES 'PUCKS.'"

These packages of ground beef were packed in 10, 15, 25, and 30-pound shipping cases which bear the establishment number "EST. 4553" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The (3-1), (4-1), (5-1) and (6-1) refers to the number of portions per one pound.

These ground beef products were produced on April 29 and distributed to restaurants in western New York.

The problem was discovered through a routine FSIS sampling procedure. FSIS has received no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of this product. Anyone with signs or symptoms of foodborne illness should consult a medical professional.

E. coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacterium that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration, and in the most severe cases, kidney failure. The very young, seniors and persons with weak immune systems are the most susceptible to foodborne illness.

Advertisement