Triple B Recalls Parfait Products
Triple B Corporation dba S.T. Produce, Seattle, WA is initiating a voluntary recall of the below listed Charlie's brand yogurt parfait products because they contain undeclared walnuts and almonds. People who have allergies to walnuts or almonds run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The yogurt parfait products being recalled are packaged under the Charlie's Label into 8.5 ounce, clear plastic package cups with a USE BY Date of 1-12-09 through 1-15-09 stamped on the side:
* Peach and Pineapple Yogurt Parfait UPC 0-45009-06747-0
* Pineapple Blueberry Yogurt Parfait UPC 0-45009-06748-7
* Mixed Berry Parfait UPC 0-45009-06766-1
* Strawberry Blueberry Yogurt Parfait UPC 0-45009-06787-6
* Pineapple Strawberry Yogurt Parfait UPC 0-45009-06788-3
In addition, the yogurt parfaits are sold in a variety pack, 6/8.5 oz. containers, sold in a cardboard carton:
* Mixed Pack Parfait UPC 0-45009-08084-4, contains 6/8.5 oz yogurt parfaits – 2 each of mixed berry, strawberry & blueberry, and pineapple & peach.
The recalled yogurt parfait was distributed in Washington and Oregon in retail stores and delis.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered that the walnuts and almond-containing parfait was distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of the walnuts and almonds. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company's production and packaging processes.
Production of the product has been suspended until FDA and the ST Produce are certain that the problem has been corrected.
Consumers who have purchased the above listed Charlie's Parfait are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 206-625-1412.