Dorsey Marketing Recalls Cocoa Products
Dorsey Marketing Inc. (DMI) of Ville St. Laurent, Quebec, Canada, is voluntarily recalling the following three G&J Gourmet Market cocoa products because these products may contain melamine:
1. G&J Hot Cocoa Stuffer Item 120144 (UPC 061361201444). This hot cocoa product was sold in small green and blue boxes with a backer card, candy cane and marshmallows.
2. G&J His and Hers Hot Cocoa Set Item 120129 (UPC 489702201296). This cocoa product was sold with 2 ceramic mugs in a brown box.
3. G&J Cocoa item 120126, sold in 2 flavors: French Vanilla Cocoa and Double Chocolate Cocoa
1. G&J French Vanilla Cocoa (UPC 061361201260). This product was sold in a small green bag with a whisk attached.
2. G&J Double Chocolate Cocoa (UPC 061361201260). This product was sold in a small pink bag with a whisk attached.
No injuries have been reported and only a few samples have, in fact, been found to include melamine. However, DMI is proceeding with this recall in the interest of public health and the safety of American consumers.
The above recalled products were imported into the United States by DMI and distributed nationwide to retailer Big Lots during the weeks of September 22, 2008 and September 29, 2008 and to retailer Shopko during the week of October 10, 2008.
Consumers who purchased these products are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a refund.