Five Reasons To Be Tobacco-Free This New Year
This time of year, everyone is vowing to make changes changes for a healthier, more rewarding life. For those resolving to become tobacco-free, FixNixer is a new quitting tool that helps people to overcome their tobacco addiction anonymously, with effective methods and motivational support.
At FixNixer.com, people who are ready to quit smoking or chewing tobacco can sign up for free support with a customized 21-day program that sends timely, motivational messages via e-mail and text messaging.
Five reasons to become tobacco-free with FixNixer:
1. It's customized. Users fill out a personal profile and identify the times when they're most likely to use tobacco. Users also describe their motivation for quitting. After they've identified trigger - times such as after meals, with coffee or in the car users are notified with a customized e-mail or text message precisely when they need the most support to help them through their cravings.
2. It helps users set realistic, achievable goals. Every year, thousands of tobacco users vow to quit as their New Year's resolution. But, they often don't prepare themselves for the quitting process or do not know what to expect, which can lead to unforeseen obstacles such as dealing with stress and fighting cravings. FixNixer encourages users to set a realistic personal quit date and then offers motivational support for the first 21 days.
3. It's convenient. Users can sign up, seek advice and learn from the quitting experiences of others. And, they can choose to receive their motivational messages via e-mail or text message so they can be reached anywhere, anytime when they need the support most.
4. It's anonymous. Many tobacco users, especially young people, don't want anyone to know they are trying to quit. With FixNixer, people can anonymously seek quitting support, or, if they would like additional support, FixNixer can notify friends and family of their quit attempt.
5. It's Free. Plus, quitting can save the average Colorado smoker about $1,800 per year.