'Flat Belly Diet' Available In Bookstores
For years, Prevention magazine has heard from women across America that despite their best efforts, they can't lose the jiggly belly fat that builds up around their middles, especially once they hit 40. Sixty-seven percent of them say it's the body part they most want to change. Shrinking an expanding waistline isn't a matter of vanity. Excess belly fat can significantly increase your risk of heart disease, diabetes and chronic illness more than any other type of body fat -- for both men and women!
Now, new research reveals that monounsaturated fatty acids (or MUFAs) make weight loss not only easier but may target belly fat specifically. This is the science behind Prevention's breakthrough new plan: Flat Belly Diet!, by Liz Vaccariello, Editor-in-Chief, and Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD, Nutrition Director.
The Flat Belly Diet! is divided into two stages: Stage One is a 4-Day Anti-Bloat Jumpstart designed to eliminate belly bloat and get the body and mind ready for successful follow through. Stage Two is the lifetime plan comprised of four 400-calorie meals per day, each including a MUFA-rich food and a motivational maintenance plan that helps avoid plateaus.
Flat Belly Diet! reveals:
* 5 Flat Belly Food Groups -- 3 Rules to Eat By -- 3 Rules to Live By
* How to Eliminate Bloat (Including a Belly Bloat Quiz)
* Sample Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks
* Plus: An Optional Fitness Plan
* Flat Belly Diet! also offers a subscription-based Web site www.flatbellydiet.com that customizes the plan to meet anyone's calorie needs, offers an online support community, daily menus, recipes, videos, shopping lists and more.