Cyber Monday: Shop for Good Health and a Good Cause
Cyber Monday, the Monday after Black Friday which kicks off the Christmas Shopping season, offers busy adults a way to shop for gifts and deals without the hassle of a crowded mall and tempting food courts. Many retailers are offering price cuts on products and shipping throughout the Holiday Season.
Shop.org is offering a Cyber Monday forum for online shopping that consumers can choose from multiple retailers and donate toward a worthy cause at the same time. The website is CyberMonday.com.
Over 550 merchants, many of them health and wellness retailers, are offering donations from the proceeds of their sales to the Ray Greenly Scholarship Fund, a program that donates funds directly to colleges and universities to support students that will study ecommerce.
Ray Greenly was the Vice President of Research and Member Services for Shop.org, but passed away as a result of cancer in 2005. The scholarship is given in his honor from the online shopping forum to encourage students to follow in his footsteps in the world of online retail.
Some of the health and wellness retailers offering special Cyber Monday deals and donations to the Scholarship Fun include:
• eDiets.com – offers a customizable diet and fitness plan for subscribers plus a $20 donation
• Weight Watchers – WW International is the world’s leading provider of weight loss services. They are offering new subscribers a Cyber Monday deal, plus a donation of $6 to the fund.
• GNC.com – shop for diet and nutrition products, sports nutrition, herbal supplements and more and 10% will be donated back to shop.org
• NutriSystem – another weight loss industry leader, NutriSystem Inc will donate 9% from purchase of products and services.
• Gaiam – the leading destination for yoga and pilates equipment plus other health and beauty needs, such as relaxation DVD’s and massage supplies. 7% will be donated to the scholarship fund
• Bowflex – America’s Favorite Home Gym ™ will donate 5% of profits to the scholarship
• VitaminShoppe.com – another leading health and beauty superstore for vitamin and mineral needs will donate 5%
Shopping on CyberMonday.com will also earn consumers Deals and Coupons that can be used every time they return to the site. Rebate Dollars can also be converted into cash, according to the guidelines of the merchant site.
In addition, CyberMonday.com offers tips for safe online shopping, including how to ensure security of sensitive information such as credit card number and staying current on anti-virus software.