Eat This, Not That! Restaurant Survival Guide
The authors of the bestselling Eat This, Not That! Books have released a reference guide for restaurant eating, called Eat This, Not That! Restaurant Survival Guide. The book is the sixth in the series.
According to the National Restaurant Association, the average American eats one out of every five meals in a restaurant setting, spending about $884 each year. Every day, one out of four Americans eats fast food. A study published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association found that women who eat out at restaurants more often eat significantly more calories, fat and sodium.
The Eat This, Not That! Restaurant Survival Guide is written by David Zinczenko, editor in chief at Men’s Health magazine, and Matt Goulding, food and nutrition editor at Men’s Health. The book offers an insider’s guide to dozens of restaurants across the country and identifies hundreds of menu options that are better for your health - and your pocketbook.
Some examples of the helpful information from the Eat This, Not That! Restaurant Survival Guide:
• You shouldn’t try to lose weight with a TGI Friday’s “healthy” Pecan-Crusted Chicken Salad – it packs more than 1,300 calories! (Get the Asian Sesame Chicken Salad at Panera Bread and strip away 950 of those calories!)
• You could eat two Whopper Jr.’s from Burger King and still save 60 calories over the BK Big Fish Sandwich.
• The “meat” in a McNugget alone contains seven ingredients, some of which are made up of yet more ingredients, and the breading adds in another 20—the ultimate industrial chemical!
The Restaurant Survival Guide also offers chapters such as “Sneaky Secrets the Restaurants Don’t Want You To Know” and “The Best and Worst Restaurant Foods in America”.
At a list price of $19.99, the EAT THIS, NOT THAT! RESTAURANT SURVIVAL GUIDE is the consumer’s secret weapon for making smart, healthy food choices when dining out.
Other Books in the Eat This, Not That series:
• Eat This, Not That! 2010: The No-Diet Weight Loss Solution
• Eat This, Not That! Supermarket Survival Guide
• Eat This, Not That! For Kids
• Cook This, Not That! Kitchen Survival Guide
• Eat This, Not That! Thousands of Food Swaps that Can Save you 10, 20, 30 Pounds or More