Armenian Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
When it comes to Armenian recipes and cooking styles there is a wonderful touch of many Near Eastern and Mediterranean cultures intermingled with Armenian cooking. Today we present Armenian Stuffed Eggplant Recipe.
Ingredients of this Armenian Stuffed Eggplant Recipe are listed below and they are very easy to gather and to prepare.
1 c Rice
1 md Eggplant
1 Green pepper,diced
1 Garlic clove,minced
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/4 t Basil
2 T Butter
Here is how to cook the Stuffed Eggplants.
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise, and scoop out the center from each half, leaving a 1/2"shell.
3. Dice the eggplant meat.
4. Place eggplant shells cut side down in a large skillet with about 1/2" boiling, salted water.
5. Cover and steam 3 minutes.
6. Drain and reserve.
7. Heat oil and cook diced eggplant, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and garlic until tender.
8. Add cooked rice and seasonings, and stir to combine.
9. Stuff mixture into the eggplant shells and dot with butter.
10.Bake in a preheated, 350'F. oven about 35 minutes or until eggplant shells are tender.
11. Makes two main dish servings.