Health knowledge and news provided by doctors.

Whom Can You Trust for Reliable Nutrition Advice?

Armen Hareyan's picture

Nutrition Advice

When you want nutrition information based on sound science, or want to know how food promotes health and fights disease, rely on the most-qualified professionals in the field of food and nutrition: a registered dietitian or dietetic technician, registered.

Follow eMaxHealth on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.
Please, click to subscribe to our Youtube Channel to be notified about upcoming health and food tips.

A registered dietitian, or RD, is a highly trained food and nutrition expert who has completed a four-year degree program and a supervised internship program and passed a comprehensive credentialing examination. Registered dietitians must maintain their credentials through career-long continuing education.

A dietetic technician, registered, or DTR, must complete at least a two-year degree and pass a nationwide examination. DTRs also must have supervised practice experience in community programs, health care and food service facilities. DTRs must also take part in continuing education courses throughout their careers.

To contact a registered dietitian, visit the American Dietetic Association at www.eatright.org and enter your zip code in the "Find a Nutrition Professional" box or call 800/366-1655.