Top Ten Healthy Vending Snacks
Healthy snacking is an important part of a well-balanced diet. More Americans than ever are depending on snack foods for that extra boost of energy or pick me up between meals. Healthy snack choices can provide the calories and nutrients needed to help balance our diet. Proper nutrition along with exercise and managing stress contributes to a healthy lifestyle.
Developed by the Center for Healthy Weight and Nutrition at Nationwide Children's Hospital, Snackwise® is a research-based snack rating system that calculates Nutrient Density in snack foods. Snackwise® is designed for use by any organization or individual interested in making healthier snack choices.
Top Ten Healthy Vending Snacks*
1. Clif Organic Z Bar
2. NutriPals Snack Bars, PediaSure, Peanut Butter Chocolate or Strawberry Yogurt
3. Oatmeal To Go, Apple Cinnamon for Kids
4. Pria Complete Nutrition Bar, Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp
5. Solo Low Glycemic Nutrition Bar, Chocolate Charger or Mint Mania
6. Fig Newtons, 100% Whole Grain
7. Fruit Crisp Bites, Apple Crisp or Strawberry
8. Instant Quaker Oatmeal Express Cups, Cinnamon Roll, Golden Brown Sugar, Vanilla Cinnamon
9. Life Cereal, Single Serve Cup
10. Quaker Breakfast Cookie, Chocolate Chip
* Based on current data as submitted by snack food manufacturers and distributors.