This One-pot Spicy Thai Noodles Recipe Will Change Everything You Think About Vegan Food
I recently made-over this delicious recipe to be 100% vegan, low carb, and incredibly healthy. It’s super-easy to prepare, and ready in just about 15 minutes, and tastes amazing.
Vegan Spicy Thai Noodles
2-3 medium sized zucchini, thick spiral sliced
2 TBS coconut oil
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
6 oz firm tofu, drained and pressed to remove excess water
1 yellow summer squash, cut in half vertically, then sliced in half circles
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBS sugar-free brown sugar stevia substitute, like Truvia Brown Sugar blend
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 TBS Sriracha hot sauce (this is A LOT of spice, tone it down if you don't like spicy)
2 inches fresh ginger, grated
1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
4 green onions, green parts only, chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar substitute, soy sauce, sriracha, red pepper flakes, and ginger; whisk well to combine; set aside.
2. In large pan, heat 1 TBS coconut oil over medium heat. Add tofu and red pepper flakes. Break up and “scramble” the tofu until lightly browned and consistency of scrambled eggs. Set aside.
3. In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, and garlic. Saute over medium high heat 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini noodles and yellow squash and continue to saute 3-4 additional minutes or until veggies are cooked through but noodles are not too soft.
4. Turn heat down to low, and pour sauce mixture and tofu over the top. Using a wooden spoon, stir well to coat vegetables with sauce. Remove from heat, add peanuts, green onions, and cilantro; stir to combine.
5. Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
This dish is excellent the next day, cold and straight from the fridge. Trust me.