Vegan Natural Remedies For Clogged Ears
Ear infections are a painful reminder that a bacterial infection such as streptococcus is in the works. What is more, an ear infection may lead to prolonged clogging of the ears, which can last for weeks. But there are some vegan natural remedies that strep is not resistant to, which may help you or your loved ones unclog the ears and regain hearing.
Strep Is Becoming A Superbug
Alarmingly, streptococcus, also called strep, is rapidly becoming the superbug of our time -- feeding on antibiotics that seem to strengthen it, instead of weaken it. This spells trouble for children and even their parents who are in pain from earaches, and ear clogging that can last for weeks at a time.
The Research Isn’t Promising On Stopping Strep
According to research published in JAMA, the Journal of the American Medical Association, a strain of the bacteria Streptococcus pneumoniae, that causes ear infections in children, has been detected and is resistant to all antibiotics used for treatment.
“A strain of S pneumonia has emerged in the United States as an otopathogen that is resistant to all FDA-approved antibiotics for treatment of AOM (Acute Otis Media) in
Kill Strep Without Antibiotics
If your ears are clogged and you are thinking: “Maybe this has to do with what I’m eating.” You’re partially right. Diet has a lot to do with every aspect of our health and wellbeing, especially when it comes to boosting the immune system and protecting your body from diseases. If you’re asking yourself, “Is there something I should be eating or should avoid to unclog my ears? The answer is yes: lots protective, vegan foods that are antibacterial and antiviral.
- Eating fruits, lettuces and leafy greens is an excellent way to hydrate as well as introduce anti-oxidants and bioflavinoids into the diet.
- Eating 2-3 tablespoons of raw organic honey is a natural antibiotic
- Reduce mucus-producing foods such as dairy, wheat and refined sugar from the diet.
- Significantly increase alkaline foods in the diet, Particularly, fruits and leafy green vegetables, spirulina, barley grass juice extract, and ginger and turmeric to reduce inflammation.
- Herbal teas are soothing and have tremendous health and inflammatory benefits, particularly Mullen tea.
- Increase onions and garlic in your diet as these are highly medicinal thanks to their antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Add a little spice to your life by increasing your intake of chili peppers, since these are anti-inflammatory and help clear up congestion.
- Be sure to juice each day. Straight pineapple is particularly helpful in breaking up mucus. Combinations such as carrot, ginger and orange juice make a delicious anti-inflammatory drink, while pulling double-duty boosting your immunity
- Oil of oregano taken for two weeks is a potent natural antibiotic that gives relief of clogged ears, as well as garlic-mullen ear drops which are also highly antibacterial.
- Zinc – The mineral zinc is like garlic to a vampire. It is very powerful in keeping strep away. In fact, it is the deficiency of zinc that allows strep to thrive in the body. Be sure to get a concentrated brand of bioavailable ionic zinc to take daily.
Prevent, Prevent, Prevent.
These suggestions for people who have clogged ears are essential to healing and keeping streptococcus returning. If your congestion is becoming chronic it is even more important to eat more of the above anti-bacterial foods daily to ward off strep, as well as avoiding eggs, dairy and wheat, which are known to worsen the condition.
— Michael J. Russell (@planetrussell) December 8, 2013
— Manuka Honey Organic (@manukareview) November 23, 2016