How To Sleep Like A Rock Naturally
If you're not sleeping like a rock you may be unknowingly struggling with an underlying health problem caused by your diet. Here's how to get to sleep at night fast and get the “rock sleep” you deserve with these natural treatments.
What does it mean to “sleep like rock?” If you 'slept like a rock,' it means that you had a great night's sleep and feel well-rested. Many American’s don’t have that luxury. You can learn how to get to sleep at night fast, and how to get the “rock sleep” you need by simply employing this one natural treatment: adjusting your diet.
According to the Centers for Disease Control insufficient sleep is a chronic health problem. Statistics show that at the very least, a whooping 50-70 million adults (twenty percent) of the American population, suffer from chronic sleep loss or untreated sleep disorders. Is it that poor sleep has been found to contribute to weight gain, headaches, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, an impaired immune system, and attention deficit disorder, or that these things contribute to less sleep?
Here are some dismal health statistics that may highlight why American isn’t getting the “rock sound sleep” they need:
- More than two-thirds (68.8 percent) of adults are considered to be overweight or obese https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/Pages/overweight-obesity-statistics.aspxaccording to the National Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
- Up to 4% of adults worldwide have a headache or migraine on 15 or more days each month
- According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), about 75 million American adults (29%) have high blood pressure—that's 1 of every 3 adults.
- 29.1 million people or 9.3% of the population have diabetes in the United States.
- In 2015, an estimated 16.1 million adults aged 18 or older in the United States had at least one major depressive episode in the past year.
- Perhaps the most telling statistic of all, according to the CDC, is that about half of all adults—117 million people—had one or more chronic health conditions and that number is steadily climbing.
- The CDC says that 11 percent of American children, ages 4 to 17, have the attention disorder.
Weight gain, headaches, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, impaired immune systems or chronic disease, and even attention deficit disorder are all, in some way, diet-related diseases. In your quest for learning how to get to sleep at night fast, its high time you examined the real reason you aren’t sleeping like a rock, as well as the simple natural treatment.
Sleep Interruption Is A Diet-related Issue
Your sleep or the lack of it is entirely diet-related. Sleep apnea is diet related. Teeth grinding and clenching are diet related. Even snoring is diet related. Just as inflammation creates swelling or enlargement of the tissues in the throat and sinuses that cause snoring, inflammation can cause other uncomfortable ailments that disrupt digestion or slow it, and disrupt sleep because inflammation too, is diet related.
Recent research has found that diets low in fiber and high in saturated fat and refined sugar is associated with lighter less restorative sleep.
The participants of the study fell asleep faster after eating meals provided by a nutritionist. The prepared meals were lower in saturated fat and higher in protein than self-selected meals. Comparatively it took participants an average of 29 minutes to fall asleep after consuming the foods and beverages of their choice but only took 17 minutes to fall asleep after eating controlled meals.
Chronic Inflammation Is The Result Of Poor Diet
Every disease or ailment or ‘itis’ begins with inflammation. While inflammation is always a protective response, it has a couple of relatively obvious causes. Inflammation in the body can be caused by:
- Allergic reactions
While inflammation is always protective, it can also be problematic. In understanding how to get to sleep at night fast and stay asleep, you have to considering the role of inflammation. Inflammation can cause you to lose sleep by causing indigestion, snoring and breathing problems and even a sluggish liver, which is a main cause of insomnia.
The Natural treatment For Inflammation Is Diet
The natural treatment for inflammation, other than to avoid injury and triggers to allergies, is to evaluate and adjust your lifestyle choices. Proper lifestyle choices that work with the body and not against it is how to get to sleep at night fast. When you fuel your body with the nourishing non-inflammatory foods, keep digestion swift and efficient and work on your own energy, instead of borrowed energy, you should be able to hit that pillow at night and fall asleep fast without incident or interruption.
Tips To Sleep Through The Night