Cacao and Coconut Oil: The Metabolism Boosting, Fat Burning, Focus Enhancing Duo
The benefits of cacao have been known for ages among the Incas in Central and South America where it was known as “the drink of the gods”. It has long been used to treat a variety of ailments, increase lifespan, boost energy, induce euphoria and even clear the skin. When paired with coconut oil, this magnificent duo makes getting healthy, tasty and incredibly rewarding.
The basis of the chocolate we know and love, cacao is the bean in its raw form before the chocolate is processed and sweeteners and other ingredients are added. Raw cacao is slightly bitter and doesn’t taste anything like milk-chocolate you may like to indulge in. Although it is common knowledge that dark chocolate in small amounts is good for our health, raw cacao is like the Superman to a dark chocolate Clark Kent. Both are good, but superman is remarkably better.
This ancient superfood is loaded with supplements the body needs and has so many benefits, that it is easily in the top 5 of best things for your body.
Major Benefits Include:
- Fat Burning: MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) are frequently found in weight loss products but their real role is based in mood boosting by increasing the production of serotonin - the happiness hormone. This influx in hormones also works to suppress the appetite and create a sense of joy, fulfillment and energy.
- Metabolism Boost: Cacao powder has 20 times more antioxidants than blueberries. Antioxidants are important for regulating the balance of the metabolism by increasing the absorption of vital nutrients from food and decreasing molecules from going rogue and turning into cancer cells.
- Prevent Cardiovascular Disease & Lower Blood Pressure: The flavonoids (also an antioxidant) found in raw cacao are known to decrease inflammation and improve blood circulation.
As if you need more reasons to go eat some chocolate, using it along with coconut oil will maximize both foods’ effects and amp up your body’s natural superpowers so you can take on the day or the world! These delicious ways to add this stellar combination to your diet will surely make it easy to improve your health and treat yourself.
- Coffee: Along with coconut oil, adding cacao to your morning cup of Joe will boost your energy sky-high and prevent the dreaded afternoon crash. This taste combination will also transport you to a tropical island where chocolate coconut coffee run wild and free.
- Oatmeal: Like brown sugar and vanilla, your breakfast oats love to be dressed up. Adding a tablespoon of both cacao and coconut oil will make this boring dish taste great and give you a immediate and long-lasting focus and sense of euphoria to carry you through the day on Cloud 9.
- Smoothie: If you love your morning smoothing, cacao and coconut oil (will harden in cold temps so best to use dried coconut flakes) will take your berry blast into outer space! Using frozen fruits, cacao, coconut flakes and a dairy-free protein powder will fill you up and spread a smile from ear to ear long into the day.
There are countless ways to add this metabolism boosting, fat burning, focus enhancing duo into your diet and all of them will make you feel like it’s cheat day.
Taste does not have to be compromised for health!