The Weight Loss Drink You Never Expected: 5 Benefits of Drinking Coffee
Coffee for weight loss is definitely a daily habit you might want to consider. You might be surprised to learn that drinking your morning coffee is a great decision for your health. Drinking a moderate amount of coffee (3-5 cups) can give you a significant step up to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Here are some of the major health benefits of drinking coffee:
- Coffee can help your workout to go better. Drinking a cup of coffee before working out can help to keep your head in the game. I often have a cup of coffee before I hit the gym and it definitely helps me to run further and pump a little bit more iron. Coffee gives you that little extra boost that you need in order to get in a solid workout that you can be proud of.
- Coffee helps you to burn more fat throughout the day due to an increase in your metabolism levels. Drink a few cups in the morning over a consistent period of time and you will be sure to see the difference.
- Coffee tastes great, and it can be something to look forward to in the mornings. This is especially true if you are like me and you are not a morning person as it gives you an early morning happiness boost.
- Even just the smell of coffee can boost energy levels. Whether or not this is a placebo effect or if there is something more to it remains to be determined, but just a whiff might be all you need. This is especially helpful if you don’t like the taste. Just brew a pot for a friend or significant other and breathe deep.
- Coffee contains a lot of antioxidants which can help protect us from cancer causing free radicals.
To get the most out of your cup of jo follow these coffee drinking tips and tricks:
- Try not to use too much sugar. If you need a healthier sweet substitute try some honey instead. Honey is much better than any of those fake sugars and honey has its own health benefits.
- Do not overdo it. Drinking more than 5 cups of coffee per day on a consistent basis might do more harm than good. Everything in moderation.
- Try this coconut oil coffee creamer to make your coffee drink in a superdrink. Coconut oil is awesome for you and will give your coffee a significant health boost. The following recipe includes honey and a touch of cinnamon as well.
- Have coffee with a friend. Coffee is probably one of the most social drinks on the planet. Ask a friend to join you for a cup and strengthen your relationship. The two of you will surely enjoy the company and will rest easy knowing that coffee is so good for you.