What Does Oatmeal Breakfast Do To Your Weight Loss
If you are one of the 31 million US citizens that skip breakfast everyday, stop! You should be eating breakfast everyday, no matter what. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and you need to be eating it.
The best part is that eating breakfast can be as easy or as complicated as you want it to be. If you have time everyday to get up and make eggs, toast, and sausage, more power to you. However, if you are in a hurry you could try any of the following quick breakfast ideas:
- Banana- A banana is a quick and easy way to start your day. With tons of potassium, bananas give you a nice energy boost.
- Apples or oranges. These fruits are both great ways to start your day.
- Oatmeal- Instant oatmeal is super quick. It only takes a few minutes and you have a nice bowl of oatmeal. Expert tip- Instead of using instant oatmeal, make oatmeal ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. This way you can have better tasting oatmeal as much as you want!
- Breakfast bars- bars like Nugo Fiber or Kind bars are great ways to start your day. These bars are very high in fiber and protein and are lower in sugar than most other bars on the market. I recommend sticking to these two, but if you have another favorite type just be sure to make sure it is high in fiber and protein and low in sugar.
- Coffee- Coffee is not a good stand alone breakfast, but when paired with a healthy breakfast item it can help to kickstart your metabolism for the day. Try adding coconut oil to your coffee for even more of a boost.
It might not be easy to start to do this, especially if not eating breakfast is a habit. Here are some quick tips for you to turn your bad habit around:
- Go buy a variety of high fiber breakfast bars. Like I said, stick to Kind bars or Nugo Fiber bars at first. You can even go with cliff bars, but these are usually pretty high in sugar. Put these in your bag, purse, or briefcase. This way, forgetting is not an excuse. You will be able to eat them in the car or as you check your morning emails.
- Keep fresh fruit readily available. Better yet, keep your apples in the fridge! This keeps them fresh and they will taste even better than usual.
- Make it your goal to eat breakfast everyday and it will start to become a habit. Making this small change will go a long way in making your dreams of losing weight a reality.
For those of you who do eat breakfast, congratulations! You are one step closer to becoming the best version of yourself. Your goal is to make sure that your breakfast is healthy.
Eating donuts, cinnamon rolls, or fresh blueberry muffins (my mouth is watering as I write this..) might not be the best choice. You will have much more energy throughout the day if you start off with a high fiber breakfast. High fiber foods often have many other essential vitamins and minerals, and starting off your day in this way gives you a great boost.
In the end, eating breakfast is not complicated, you just need to remember to do it, If you are already eating it everyday, then don’t stop! Don’t forget that we need food in order for our bodies to run, just like our cars need gas. Don’t make the mistake of starving yourself, thinking that the only way to lose weight is to eat less.
Start by eating breakfast everyday and you will be one step closer to reaching your goals.
Source- Rush University