Coconut Oil Might Just Be The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
Watch out water, coconut oil might have just overtaken you for the best way to lose weight. While the benefits of water are very widely known (and indeed of the best ways to start losing weight is to drink more water) coconut oil is more than just a new fad. It is one of the best ways to start losing weight right now, and adding it into your diet is crucial.
In this article I will give you 4 reasons why you should have more coconut oil, and 7 practical ways to add it into your daily regimen.
The Benefits of Coconut Oil
1) The Saturated fat in coconut oil is classified as Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs). These are fatty acids that are actually very good for you and even aid in the fight on certain brain disorders like alzheimer's.
2) Eating these MCTs has been shown in one study to reduce the amount of calories you eat per day. This is most likely due to the fact that these fatty acids are metabolized more slowly than other types of food.
3) If you suffer from stubborn belly fat, supplementing your daily diet with a small amount of coconut oil could have an impact. According to this study, adding just 1 ounce of coconut oil to your diet could help reduce waist circumference by an inch, by making no other changes!
4) Besides just eating coconut oil, you can put it on your hair or skin for amazing results. Whether you have dry skin, need to protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays, or even want to give your hair an extra boost, coconut oil is extremely versatile.
Okay But How do I do it?
Inevitably you read about these things and then wonder how you might incorporate it into your lifestyle. It is not enough to realize that something is good for you. Knowledge only goes so far. If you believe the above information, why are you not acting on it right this minute?
Good news, I am going to actually help you out in this regard. If my middle name wasn’t “Matthew” it would be “practical”. Here are 7 ways you can incorporate coconut oil into your busy lifestyle. Not all of these methods might work for you, but you need to at least start with step #1.
1) First off, you need to get yourself a bottle. Go on Amazon or to your local grocery store and buy some. There might be several options to choose from, but my suggestion is to get the cold pressed organic version.
2) Next, it might be a good idea to try a spoonful and see if you like it. You won’t know until you taste it whether or not you can eat it plain.
3) Add it into your smoothies. Any type of smoother would be better off with a dollop of coconut oil! Any type of smoothie works here, but I recommend strawberry and banana. Why? Because bananas are amazing for you, and you should be eating them much more often than you probably are.
4) Love coffee in the morning? Why not add a bit of coconut oil instead of your normal cream and sugar? It might taste even better, and you won’t know how much better until you try it. Better yet, you will have peace of mind because your coffee will be turned into even more of a rockstar!
5) If you are in the mood for a quick and easy snack, make these homemade Chocolate Coconut Energy Bars.
6) You can throw coconut oil into any type of stir fry. This will give a healthy meal even more of a boost!
7) When all else fails, you can mix a little bit into your applesauce. This is a good method if you are wanting to give your children an extra healthy boost! I can’t say how this might taste because I do not particularly like applesauce, so if you try it let me know!
There you have it, coconut oil in all its glory. However, don’t forget the old maxim of “too much of a good thing can be a bad thing!” There is no reason to overdo it, especially at first. Slowly boost your intake of this weight loss superfood and you will reap the benefits over time.
Thank you for reading! See below for further information on the topic.
For more health benefits of coconut oil see: Health Benefits of Coconut Oil.