10 Delicious Low Calorie and High Fiber Snacks: You Will Go Bananas for Number 4
In order to lose weight you need to start changing your habits. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. You need to start eating more high fiber foods if you want to see major change.
You need to make changes if you want to lose weight. There isn't any way around that.
However, the changes don’t have to be drastic or even painful. There are changes that are easy to make that can make a huge difference in your weight loss aspirations.
One quick and easy change is to start eating high fiber low calories snacks.
Here are some of the best ones that you can choose from:
- Broccoli- Broccoli is more than just a healthy food, it is an extremely delicious snack. You can eat it on its own right off the stalk, boil it, or even grill it. If you don’t like the taste of stand alone broccoli you can add a little bit of ranch dressing to it, but try not to go overboard!
- Almonds- Almonds are an excellent high fiber snack that you can eat anywhere. 1 oz. (about 28 nuts) is about 160 calories. This might be on the higher end of the calorie count, but you are getting so many essential nutrients that it makes it more than worth it to eat as many almonds as you like. I used to eat a serving of these nuts every afternoon with a cup of coffee before going to the gym. This gave me a major boost in my afternoon productivity and my post-work gym routine.
- Celery- Celery is one of those foods that actually take more energy to digest than it adds to your daily calorie count. It is one of those negative calories foods. This changes of course if you add a huge dollop of peanut butter or dressing to the stick of celery, but just a plain stalk will go a long way in keeping those hunger pains at bay.
- Bananas- One banana will give you energy through its high potassium content, and will keep you full because it is high in fiber. It is a fruit that is low in calories compared to snacks like chips or a candy bar and is much better for you. Just one banana can keep you going for hours.
- Apples- Apples are high in fiber and do indeed keep the doctor away.
- Tomatoes- This delicious produce can be added to salads, sandwiches, soups, and just about anything else. Tomatoes are a low calorie and extremely delicious food.
- Carrots- “What’s up doc?” Carrots are awesome for your health because they are low in calories, high in fiber, and they will help you to see better.
- Watermelon- Who doesn’t love this awesome summer time treat? Watermelons are a good way to stay hydrated and to stay full. Eat them consistently to stay healthy throughout the summer heat!
- Frozen fruits- Any type of frozen fruit is great in smoothies and high in fiber. To avoid any major increase in calories use just a few strawberries and some yogurt.
- Sweet Potato- Sweet potatoes need not just be for dinner. Heat one up for a delicious and nutritious afternoon snack.
- It is important to aim for foods that are high in fiber content, high in protein, and low in sugar. It is still important to not overeat and to avoid excess calories, but calorie content of foods should not be the major focus.
Find foods that you like that are good for you and you will be well on your way to a very healthy life.