Best Salmon Recipe on the Planet Even If You Aren't a Fish Fan
Salmon is the ultimate nutrient dense freshwater fish and it's packed with healthy Omega 3's. A lot of people I know say they don't like salmon, that is until they try this recipe which has a smokey taste mingled with pineapple, just enough heat from the jalapeno to please those spice lovers and a mingling of wasabi with a crunch of almond. The rub gives the fish a light crust. Paired with a healthy spinach salad this dish is sure to please. Add a savory rosemary potato bread and a glass of your favorite wine and you have the perfect dinner.
What you'll need
- Salmon fillets
- Grape seed oil
- Adam’s Reserve Hickory Smoked Sear and Crust Rub
Warm butter and grape seed oil in non stick skillet. The grape seed will raise the flash point of the butter and keep it from scorching and it great for the joints. Place salmon fillets in hot oil/butter. Cook to light pink color then turn and sprinkle Adam’s Reserve Hickory Smoke Rub. Allow the other side of the fish to cook. Turn and allow the rub to crust. Once the rub has crusted sprinkle other side with rub and cook to medium brown crust. Whole process should take 5-6 minutes.
Pineapple Jalapeno Chutney
- 1 T. Butter
- 2 T. Grape seed oil
- 1 large sweet onion (Vidalia when in season) Mince.
- 3 jalapeno peppers (remove seeds and stems and be sure not to rub face or eyes) Mince.
- 2 -21/5 cups fresh crushed pineapple (may use canned if in a time pinch but use in natural juice)
- 1 T. Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp hapanero pepper (optional) This is a very hot pepper. (I have a crushed habanero that carries a warning because it is to hot, (Pineapple and sweetener will take out heat.)
- 1 tsp Adam’s Reserve Sear and Crust Rub
- 3 T sugar
- 1/2 cup white or golden raisins
In a 2 quart sauce pan, heat butter and grape seed oil. Cook onion and jalapeno peppers until onion is translucent then turn to very low heat.or remove from heat.
Add apple cider vinegar, rub, sweetener and pineapple and stir. Lastly add raisins and set aside.
Top salmon fillets with pineapple jalapeno chutney just before serving and sprinkle with
Blue Diamond wasabi and soy sauce almonds.
I serve this dish with a baby spinach salad topped with Asiago or Romano grated cheese. blackberries and pecans and use Walnut or pecan raspberry vinaigrette dressing. My favorite bread to go with is rosemary potato. This dish can be paired with a Pinot Noir or Pinot Gris. Bon appétit.