Delicious Snack Recipes for Any Health Nut
Looking for a healthy, homemade way to add a little variety to your afternoon snack sessions? Try any (or all!) of these nutritious recipes.
Here comes the first recipe, which is called Energizing Trail Mix.
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup almonds (I prefer the lightly salted ones)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cashews
1. Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
2. Eat, enjoy, be energized!
* Yields 3 cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Combine ingredients from top column and spread over large baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 350F. Combine ingredients from bottom column - except dried fruit - in a small saucepan. Heat for 1-2 minutes, or until coconut oil is completely melted and blended into the mixture.
- Drizzle honey mixture over oats and stir to coat. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oats are crispy.
- Blend in dried fruit. Store in an airtight container & enjoy!
Homemade Red-Pepper, Garlic Scape Hummus
- 1 can chick peas (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic scapes
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- The juice from 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth