13 Guilt-Free Snacks Less Than 100 Calories
When you get a snack attack, what are the first foods that come to mind? If you are like most people, high-calorie items such as cookies, chips, ice cream, and candy bars on at the top of the list. These also happen to be the types of foods that are easy to get in vending machines, pick up quick at convenience stores and markets, or keep at home in your kitchen.
Yet eating these foods can not only make you feel guilty; they also may sabotage your weight-loss efforts. To help you drop those extra pounds and keep them off, here are 13 guilt-free snacks less than 100 calories. These snacks are great for everyone!
Guilt-free snacks less than 100 calories
1. Nori rolls. One sheet of nori contains only 10 calories! Mix together 2 Tbs shredded carrot (6 calories), 1 Tb hummus (25), and a dash of garlic powder. Divide the mixture into two portions and spread each on a nori sheet and roll up. Two nori rolls are only 82 calories.
2. Popcorn. Three cups of air-popped corn contains 93 calories. Spray the popped corn with spray oil and sprinkle with garlic powder or cinnamon for a tasty treat.
3. Frozen banana. One small banana contains 90 calories and is a sweet frozen snack. If you prefer, puree three small frozen bananas into a whipped “ice cream” and divide into three containers so you will have snacks ready for later.
4. Cashews. A quick protein pick-me-up is cashews. One-half ounce of dry roasted cashews have 80 calories.
5. Baked apple. One small baked apple, sprinkled with cinnamon and a splash of lemon juice, has only 77 calories. Be sure to eat the skin for extra fiber!
6. Stuffed tomato. Take one large tomato (33 calories), scoop out the pulp, and mix it with ¼ cup cooked lentils (56), a pinch of cayenne pepper and oregano, and a dash of balsamic vinegar. Stuff the mixture into the tomato for an 89-calorie snack.
7. Portobello mushroom. In a small pan sprayed with spray oil, saute 1 cup of sliced portobello mushroom (42 calories) until soft and then add ½ cup orange sections (42). Stir for about 30 seconds, then add a splash of soy sauce and a pinch or two of dried oregano. Saute for a minute and then enjoy for only 84 calories.
8. Orange crème popsicles. Combine 8 ounces of orange juice (110 calories) and 8 ounces of light vanilla soymilk (70) and mix well. Pour into four four-ounce popsicle molds and freeze. Each popsicle is only 45 calories.
9. Nori chips. Forget potato chips! These homemade nori chips are low in calories and you can have more than just one! The recipe for nori chips is here. Remember, each nori sheet is only 10 calories, so you can do the math!
10. Blackberry smoothie. Combine ½ cup light vanilla soymilk (35 calories), 2/3 cup blackberries (42), and several ice cubes. Process and enjoy 77 calories of sweetness. You can use raspberries or blueberries if you prefer.
11. Yogurt and dried fruit. Place ½ nonfat vanilla yogurt in a bowl (52 calories) and top with ½ ounce seedless raisins (42).
12. Frozen grapes. This is a great snack for summer. Twenty-five green grapes are only 85 calories. Frozen grapes pop when you bite into them!
13. Salsa time. Cut one large green bell pepper (2 per pound; 33 calories) into strips and a jicama into slices (1/2 cup, 23 calories). Spoon ¼ cup salsa (20 calories) into a bowl and dip away for only 76 calories.
These 13 guilt-free snacks for less than 100 calories are a great place to start. Do you have any low-calorie snack ideas you would like to share?
Also Read: Does a vegetarian diet promote weight loss?
9 tips for switching to a vegetarian diet and healthy weight loss
Low-calorie and nutritious frozen pops that are easy to make
One food every dieter should eat
Vegetarian weight loss food: avocados
Vegetarian weight loss food: seitan
Vegetarian weight loss food: Portobello mushrooms
NutritionData.Self.com. Various foods
Image courtesy of Pixabay