Gluten-free pizza crust recipe that is easy to make
One of the frequent complaints from those on the gluten-free diet is the lack of delicious pizza crusts that are safe for celiac disease. Although there are prepackaged options, you may want to try with this fresh and tasty gluten-free pizza crust recipe.
Prepackaged gluten-free pizzas tend to be small, overpriced and dry. In some cases, you may even end up with a crumbly crust that tastes nothing like a real pizza. If you are tired of paying more for less pizza, then you may want to make your own GF (gluten-free) pizza crust dough at home and add your favorite toppings.
Gluten-free pizza crust recipe with cauliflower
Cauliflower has multiple health benefits including its ability to lower the risk of cancer. In addition, it provides fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, vitamin B6 and other nutrients. Cauliflower is a low-calorie food that can make an easy gluten-free crust that is safe for celiac disease. The following recipe only has six ingredients and takes about an hour to make.
Ingredients for gluten-free pizza crust
1 medium head of cauliflower (approximately 3 to 4 cups of florets)
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (grated or shredded)
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese that is grated
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1. Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and dry the cauliflower head. Then, break it up into florets. Next, use a food processor to turn the florets into small pieces resembling rice.
3. Either steam or microwave the cauliflower in a bowl until it is soft.
4. Add the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt and the egg to the cauliflower. Mix.
5. Take your mixture and move it to a lined baking sheet. Form it into a circle
6. Bake until golden brown. Depending on your oven, this may take 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Add your favorite toppings to the crust once it is baked. You can serve it this way or bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to melt the toppings.
GF toppings for your gluten-free pizza crust
Other gluten-free meat
Gluten-free pizza crust recipe tips
If you are going to use this recipe, then you want to make sure that you completely dry and steam the cauliflower before trying to mix it with the other ingredients. The cauliflower florets have to be turned into rice pieces and become soft. Otherwise, it will be harder to form the crust and shape it. In addition, you want to watch the oven, so you do not overbake the crust. You want the final product to be crispy and not burnt.
Cauliflower is a great alternative for gluten-free meals because it is a healthy option that is naturally free from gluten and safe for celiac disease. It is also easy to customize the gluten-free pizza crusts made from cauliflower to include your favorite toppings.