Gluten-free bread recipe for easy and soft cloud bread
When you are on the gluten-free diet, you often miss traditional bread. However, this simple gluten-free bread recipe will help you overcome your cravings.
You miss being able to go to the grocery store to pick up a loaf of fresh bread that is soft and chewy. You miss being able to make a decent sandwich that does not fall apart in your hands. Frequently, the GF (gluten-free) bread you find in stores is overpriced, dry, small and crumbly. It cannot compare to traditional wheat bread, which you cannot eat because of celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Where can you find an inexpensive and easy alternative?
A gluten-free bread recipe that is easy to make
If you are tired of buying store-brand bread that continues to disappoint you, then you may want to try to make your own version. Good GF bread is notoriously difficult to make at home, but the following recipe does not require a bread machine or a long list of ingredients, and it is safe for celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
Gluten-free bread recipe for cloud bread
There are only four ingredients in the gluten-free bread recipe you can make at home. Although the final product is GF and does not contain any grains, it does contain dairy and sugar. Cloud bread is a lower carbohydrate alternative to some of the store-brand GF breads.
1 tablespoon of sugar or honey
3 large eggs that have been separated
1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar
3 heaping tablespoons of soft cream cheese
1. Start by preheating your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare a metal cookie sheet by spraying it with cooking spray or greasing it.
3. After you separate the eggs, take the egg yolks and mix them with the cream cheese in a bowl. Add either sugar or honey.
4. Take the egg whites and add the cream of tartar in separate bowl. Use a mixer to beat them until you start to see soft peaks.
5. Carefully combine the two bowls of ingredients and mix.
6. Use a spoon to scoop a small amount of the mixture and form small mounds on the cookie sheet you prepared earlier. You are making small circles.
7. Bake until the circles are golden brown and soft. This can take 20 to 30 minutes depending on your oven.
After they cool, the final consistency should be soft and chewy. You can add different toppings to the cloud bread and make it sweet or savory depending on your preference.
Tips for your own gluten-free bread recipe
Gluten-free cloud bread may not completely replace the traditional wheat bread from your memory, but it is a soft substitute that is versatile. The results are small circles of bread that can be used to make sandwiches or small pizzas. You can find a variety of tips for making your own GF bread, so you can modify this recipe.
If you liked this Gluten Free bread recipe, please SHARE with family and friends to benefit others as well.