These Herbs Will Help You Remain Happy and Healthy During Menopause
A woman's life goes through some drastic changes once she hits a certain age, particularly around her 50s, which has her wondering how she will keep up her health and cope with the symptoms of menopause. Everything from hair loss to hot flashes will become the bane of a woman's existence unless she learns how to reduce the symptoms and enjoy the second half of her life.
New treatments are approved constantly to treat these problems that menopause brings about:
--Brisdelle was newly approved by the FDA
--Exercise is found to be of no help
--A healthy diet of fruits and vegetables is found to cool hot flashes
With all that is going on, women often prefer to go natural in coping with their changing health and bodies. Here are some great herbs to invest in:
- St. John's Wort: This lovely little thing has the ability to treat mild to medium depression syndromes and balance out pre and post menopausal mood swings. Hot flashes and sleep disturbances also meet their match when faced with this herb.
- Black Cohosh: Like St. John's Wort, Black Cohosh also helps alleviate hot flashes and sleep disturbances.
- Valerian: The soothing effects of this botanical treatment mean a better nights sleep, known to mankind for over 1000 years.
- Chastetree: This PMS reliever is also great for regulating the early menopausal menstrual discharge, as well as for breast tenderness.
- Sage: This herb has been found to battle hot flushes and other symptoms related with the issue at hand.
- Femal: Made from pollen extracts, femal has shown to reduce hot flashes and other symptoms associated with menopause.
- Red Ginseng: Studies have shown that red ginseng does indeed greatly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease in postmenopausal women.
- Kava: Kava-Kava is the name of a rather amazing natural treatment option targeting both the psychological state, from anxiety to depression, and the physical state, protecting against osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases.
Add ample sleep, a healthy diet, and lightweight clothing made of natural material to the herbs in order to relieve menopausal symptoms and ensure and comfortable postmenopausal lifetime.
Share this content.
Please include eMaxHealth in Google Alerts to receive tomorrow's stories and SHARE this with friends if it was interesting.