Foods Best Recommended for Healthy Bodies by Top Nutritionist Joy Bauer
When it comes to knowing what is most nutritional for you, who would know better than one of America’s top nutritionists, in this case, Joy Bauer? Her list includes both dairy and veggies, from protein to Vitamin C.
So what exactly does Joy Bauer recommend?
• Skim Milk: When it comes to a tense day, skim milk’s protein base is amazing at helping ease anxiety and boost mood by lowering blood pressure. Joy recommends a hot dark chocolate with skim milk to double the calming and mood altering effects.
• Watermelon: With 92% water making up the heart of this fruit, watermelon fills you up with less than 100 calories and a whole load of vitamin C. The fruit is nice and sweet and perfect for losing weight and cooling down on a hot summer day.
• Sweet Potatoes: Beta-carotene, turned into Vitamin A by the human body, helps generate new and healthy skin to fight against aging.
• Spinach: Wrinkle fighting antioxidants are the main ingredient in spinach, using vitamin C and E as well as beta-carotene. Eat it before going under the sun and it will protect the skin from harmful UV rays for healthy and beautiful skin.
• Oysters: If you have a problem with hair loss, oysters can come in very handy to stimulate hair growth. The mineral zinc is an active component, increasing rate of growth and ridding the scalp of dandruff. Crabs, clams, liver, beans, peanut butter, et al., also have the same abilities.
• Tropical Fruits: What’s your favourite tropical fruit? If it includes pineapples, guavas, mangoes, papaya, kiwi, and many others have the vitamin C that is necessary of your skin to fight free radicals. They also help produce collagen which keeps the skin firm and elastic.
• Salmon: Weary eyes that start to fade find a great friend in salmon, high in anti-oxidants and omega-3. These components help support the blood vessels in the eyes.
• Almonds: If you have high cholesterol, grab a handful of almonds every morning and walk out the door. Pistachios are great, as well, ensuring the body balances out. Too much, however, can overdose the body on too much fat.
• Special Greens: Broccoli, cauliflower, kale and spinach all share one thing in common. You can eat to your heart’s content and never gain weight. Neither veggie has much in calories, ensuring that you lose weight instead.
Healthy foods are not often advertised, hence making those like Joy Bauer, highly respected and educated nutritionists, golden assets. Eat healthy and you can ward off most problems. Don’t believe the experts? Try it for yourself!
Source: Huffington Post