Fight Off Disease By Combining Cinnamon with Honey
Delicious, fragrant and downright food for you, different mixtures of cinnamon and honey can be used to do you a world of good, from fighting off Alzheimer's to aiding in weight loss. Nature has a way of creating amazing products that help keep you healthy and happy, without the need for artificial concoctions that cause more harm than good. You don't need all those pills sold over-the-counter, nor those heavily advertised syrups and medications to keep your body clean of diseases. Sometimes, you just need a properly staffed pantry.
Cinnamon has been found to have a positive effect on:
- Killing microbes and parasites
- Blood pressure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Alzheimer's disease
- Arthritis and other inflammatory diseases
Honey is one of the oldest and most important medical ingredients found out there, with the ability to last forever because its components will never allow it to rot. It has been raved about for healing wounds and preventing colds, both of which also fall under cinnamon's domain. Add fighting acne, helping with weight loss and a whole boatload of other benefits to the list. No wonder the cinnamon/honey combination can be so amazing.
- Acting Against Arthritis: 1 part honey, 2 parts lukewarm water with a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder should do the trick and keep even those with the chronic form of the disease functioning well once again, especially if taken every day.
- Indigestion Be Gone: 2 tablespoons of honey taken with a pinch of cinnamon powder will help the stomach digest even the heaviest of foods.
- Hampering Hair Loss: It is a problem both men and women suffer from and one that can be fought against using a concoction of hot olive oil, a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder applied to the scalp and left on for 5 minutes before a shower.
- Working out your Weight Loss: 1 tablespoon of honey to half a tablespoon of cinnamon powder boiled with a cup of water and strained through a cheesecloth for best effects will have you losing up to 5 pounds a week, depending on your body's needs.
- Toning Down Toothaches: 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 5 teaspoons of honey generously applied to the aching tooth will work its magic in a jippy. It is recommended to do this three times a day or until the tooth stops aching.
- Finding Fertility: The man should take a teaspoon of honey before bed every night to strengthen his semen, while the woman should apply half a teaspoon of honey with powdered cinnamon to their gums to increase saliva. Both will help with a couple's infertility problems.
- Popping Pimples: Everyone wants a clearer face and that is exactly what a paste made out of 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder applied every night before bed for 2 weeks straight will give you. If you don't want to leave it all night, make it a little more concentrated and leave on for 15 minutes before gently washing it all away. Continue with the thick mask every day until you fall in love with your skin all over again.
- Cooling Colds: If you feel a cold trying to seize your immune system, take a tablespoon of lukewarm honey with a pinch of cinnamon powder and it will all clear away.
- Combating Cholesterol: 2 tablespoons of honey mixed with 3 teaspoons of cinnamon and hot water, taken 3 times daily, will reduce cholesterol by 10% within 2 hours. That is one hell of a job it does.
As a bonus, a great recipe to increase needed elements in the body using honey and cinnamon is through homemade rice pudding that is all natural and laden with fiber and minerals. Heat up some brown rice in a pan while mixing it with almond milk. Add raisins, just a pinch of cinnamon and a whole spoonful of honey. Enjoy the added energy and have yourself an invigorating run down to the pier.
What other Honey and Cinnamon Recipes do you know of?