Fast Food Fantasy Comes True: 30 Healthiest Fast Food Choices
We don't normally use the adjective "healthy" when we're talking about fast food. But Fitness magazine's experts have analyzed the many different fast food chains and choices. And we have the skinny on what they discovered are the 30 healthiest fast food selections:
Treat yourself to Premium Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken and low-fat balsamic vinaigrette plus Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait for just 375 calories. Or, enjoy a Grilled Honey Mustard Snack Wrap plus small french fries for only 480 calories.
For just 430 calories, you can enjoy Fresco Steak Burrito Supreme plus black beans. Even better: For 330 calories, treat yourself to Fresco Chicken Soft Taco plus Pintos 'n' Cheese.
Don't look at those donuts (or "do-nots!"). Instead, have an Egg White Veggie Wake-Up Wrap plus hash browns for 350 calories or a Tuna Salad Sandwich on an English muffin at 390 calories.
Take the subway to Subway for the 6" Subway Club on 9-Grain Wheat Bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers, and Sweet Onion Sauce plus apple slices for 445 calories. Not into sandwiches? Enjoy Oven Roasted Chicken Salad with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, olives, and cucumbers with honey-mustard dressing plus Yogurt Parfait for 400 calories.
You've heard that fancy coffee drinks contain as much as 800 calories? Good news here: A Chicken & Hummus Bistro Box (hummus, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and pita bread) plus a banana is only 380 calories, while the Zesty Chicken & Black Bean Salad Bowl (grilled chicken, black beans, roasted corn, jicama, tomatoes, feta, greens, and quinoa with chile vinaigrette) plus Seasonal Harvest Fruit Blend has only 450 calories.
Enjoy 3 Barbacoa (braised beef) Tacos on soft corn tortillas with lettuce and tomato salsa for 405 calories or a Vegetarian Burrito Bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita vegetables, lettuce, and roasted chili-corn salsa for 385 calories.
Win at Wendy's with a 375-calorie order of a Large Chili plus Garden Side Salad (no croutons) with fat-free French dressing. Or, have the Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich plus apple slices at 440 calories.
Here'a winner: Only 320 calories in a Half Smoked Turkey Breast on Artisan Whole Grain Loaf plus Low-Fat Garden Vegetable with Pesto Soup (from the You Pick Two Menu). Another option: For 430 calories, enjoy a Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad (no bacon) plus Baked Lays Potato Chips.
Try a 410-calorie Whopper Jr. (no mayo) plus Value-Sized Onion Rings or a 440-calorie order of a Veggie Burger plus apple slices.
No squawks about this: Go for 4 Hot Wings plus Sweet Kernel Corn for 380 calories or Kentucky Grilled Chicken Breast plus mashed potatoes (without gravy) for 310 calories.
10 More Calorie Bargains
Want more options with fewer calories? Then try these:
- • Burger King 4-piece Chicken Nuggets; 190 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated)
- • Chipotle Cheese Quesadilla (kids' size); 190 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated)
- • Dunkin' Donuts Cinnamon Cake Munchkins (two) ; 120 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated)
- • KFC Original Recipe Chicken Drumstick; 120 calories, 7g fat (1.5g saturated)
- • McDonald's Vanilla Soft-Serve Cone; 170 calories, 4.5g fat (3g saturated)
- • Panera Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl with Roasted Turkey; 190 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated)
- • Starbucks Chocolate Cake Pop; 140 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated)
- • Subway Kids' Roast Beef Sandwich; 200 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated)
- • Taco Bell Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco; 160 calories, 10g fat (3.5g saturated)
- • Wendy's Jr. Original Chocolate Frosty; 200 calories, 5g fat (3.5g saturated)
Follow these guidelines to win at weight loss at the drive-through:
- Don't make assumptions. Veggie dishes can have more calories than a plain burger!
- Check out the kids menu to save calories.
- Be cautious of condiments.