Considering a Popular Diet Plan? For The Sake of Your Health, Check It Out
Popular Diet Plans
Diet books routinely top the best-seller lists, and new plans come out seemingly every day. Do they work? Will any of them be right for you?
If you are considering one or more popular diets or exercise plans, you owe it to yourself and your health to make sure their claims are valid. Ask yourself: Does the diet plan...
- Promise a quick fix?
- Encourage or require you to stop eating certain foods, food groups or products?
- Rely on a single study as the basis for its recommendations?
- Contradict recommendations of reputable health organizations?
- Identify "good" and "bad" foods?
- Just sound too good to be true?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep looking, for a plan that is backed by solid science, lets you keep eating your favorite foods and allows for flexibility.
Keep in mind: Your best source for help in making healthful changes to your diet is a dietetics professional with the training and expertise to help you develop an eating plan that is right for you. Visit www.eatright.org to find a dietetics professional near you.