Five reasons Weight Watchers is top diet for 2013
If you’re looking for a weight loss program that works, consider a structured plan that provides counseling and support. Making even small changes in eating habits is a known approach that can lead to success. Weight Watchers is a business model that has been shown in studies to help people meet their goals. The program has also been chosen as one of the top diets this year by U.S. News.
1. Studies have shown the importance of controlling your food environment for weight loss. This year Weight Watchers has introduced solutions for dieters that address traveling, eating out and resisting food temptations.
2. The diet has already helped millions of people lose weight, including Jennifer Hudson and Jessica Simpson.
3. A 2009 study showed the diet works so well because it combines spirituality with “therapy” Meeting with others provides needed support to lose weight that can be daunting. Researchers for the study, Risto Moisio (California State University, Long Beach) and Mariam Beruchashvili (California State University, Northridge) said, "Even if Weight Watchers' advertisements make it sound as if it were only about weight loss, the social function of weekly meetings extends far beyond the tricks of the weight loss trade."
4. The program incorporates exercise that is an important component of any weight loss plan. But even if you don’t exercise, it’s okay because calories are calculated based on individual lifestyle. If you’re more active you get to give yourself a food ‘reward’.
5. Another finding from 2011 showed Weight Watchers could help reduce the incidence of Type 2 diabetes. Compared to the average cost of medications to treat the disease, the program is affordable for anyone who wants to improve their overall health and well-being.
There are good reasons to seek a structured program for weight loss. Weight Watchers again tops the list of ‘best diets’ for 2013. Past studies help explain why the program works so well. Weight loss that works can curb obesity and lower your risk for disease, making it important to choose a plan that works.
Image credit: Bing