Christmas Quotes for Peace and Tranquility
Nothing promotes happiness and health quite the same as sharing with family and friends. For a Merry Christmas, consider sharing some quotes and poems, whether scrolled on your favorite Christmas card or read aloud during a Christmas Eve or Christmas day family gathering - or simply keep them in your own heart as the New Year approaches.
Merry Christmas quotes should include peace on earth – the essence of Christmas that comes from traditions that include “Silent Night”, “Peace on Earth”, and “Goodwill to Men”. Fostering positive emotions is an essential way to promote health.
The past few years have been fraught with debate about everything from health care reform, to wars, economic policies, and religious differences.
Christmas Eve quotes read aloud, kept to oneself, or delivered in writing to family and friends can do much to spread infectious happiness, peace and tranquility, and better health to others by connecting mind to body.
Here are some peaceful and tranquil quotes for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:
- When we are present in each moment, the past gently rolls up behind us and the future slowly unravels before us. - Rev Richard Levy
- He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the world - Marcus Aurelius
- There is absolutely no reason for being rushed along with the rush. Everybody should be free to go slow - Robert Frost
- Peace is the first thing the angels sang. Peace is the mark of the sons of God. Peace is the nurse of love. Peace is the mother of unity. Peace is the rest of blessed souls. Peace is the dwelling place of eternity- Leo the Great
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.- Mother Teresa
- The only way to bring peace to the earth is to learn to make our own life peaceful.- The Buddha
- May you have warmth in your igloo, oil in your lamp, and peace in your heart.- Eskimo proverb
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis
- “Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold.” ― Bob Marley
- Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love! ~Hamilton Wright Mabie
- Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store - Dr. Seuss
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful - Norman Vincent Peale
- What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace. ~Agnes M. Pahro
- May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace, the gladness of Christmas give you hope; the warmth of Christmas grant you love.
- It is Christmas time, a halting of hate time. On this platform of peace, we can create a language to translate ourselves to ourselves and to each other. - excerpt from “Amazing Peace: A Christmas Poem" By Dr. Maya Angelou
That love weighs more than gold! -
Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon
In the spirit of a peaceful time of year, please share your own favorite Merry Christmas quotes or poems.
Image credit: Pixabay
Updated December 24, 2013